Honestly, I’d been kind of hoping I could skip any sort of maternity leave and just power through because… well, that’s kind of what I do. But, alas, my body is saying otherwise, so here is what I can leave you with before I take some serious downtime… starting right about now.
We’re scheduled to go in July 9th to have Zuzu. I VOW to at least tweet some kind of picture so you all can see her. It makes me giddy that so many of you have been with me through this pregnancy (and some with Guyden’s, too!) and listened to me fret and be excited, and you’ve done the same right along with me. So, yeah, you’ll get to see her. But I hear recovery from c-sections can be tough, so it’ll still be a while before I’m fully back.
Also, some FAQs I get in my emails:
- Your book is rad! Ok, not exactly a question, but I am grateful to anyone who takes the time to not only read The Selection but write and tell me they enjoyed it. Thank you SO MUCH! Each of these little notes is precious to me.
- When is Book 2 out? What’s it called? What happens? We don’t have an official date yet, but I’ll put it on the website once we do. Everything else I can tell you is in this video.
- Would you do an interview for my blog? I so wish I could! I love book bloggers! Right now, no. But maybe later in the fall. We’ll see.
- Can you send me some swag? Again, I wish I could, but no. The only exception to this is for people who want to have their book signed. If you send your copy of The Selection (or The Siren) to my PO box with a self-addressed stamped envelope or box, I will sign it and send it back to you. I will have my minions checking the box for me, so it might be slow, but it will come back to you signed.
- How can I be a better writer? Here’s the short version of what I usually say: Read everything, don’t neglect the technical side of writing, let yourself daydream, and get a thick skin. There are much better people to ask that than me anyway, so get on twitter and stalk some authors.
I’ll still be popping onto twitter and FB from time to time, but blog posts and videos will be few and far between. Gotta take care of me and my wee ones. And you want me to get the rest of these books written, right? So know I’m still hearing you, I just won’t be able to interact as much.
Thanks for being so cool.
UPDATE July 7th:
6. Tell me more about the TV show! Okay, if you're just getting into the swing of things The CW passed on adding The Selection to its fall lineup. BUT they are very eager to continue working on the show. All I know right now is that the script will be reworked and a few actors might be recast, and with any luck we'll see it on TV next spring or summer. Stay tuned for updates this fall!